Bug Rugs First Steps Antique Large Kids Floor Rug
• Special Order. Typical delivery time 1-6 working days.
• BugRugs children's floor rugs are meticulously handcrafted to be soft, plush and easy care.
• Free shipping is available on this product to any Australian delivery address.
• Made from 100% superior grade Japanese Acrylic yarn, 185g, they look as good as they feel. With heavy duty 100% cotton backing the rugs are substantial enough to not slip and slide.
• These stylish kid's play rugs and decorator items will enhance any child's nursery or play room.
1.6m x 2.3m
• Hand tufted pile fibre 100% Japanese acrylic yarn, weight 3.1kg per square metre, pile height approximately 1cm, primary and secondary backing 100% cotton.
100% Japanese acrylic fibre is considered to be a superior quality yarn. It is favoured because of its soft, plush and springy feel, ease of cleaning and resistance to soiling, static, moths and mildew.
Acrylic yarn is the closest to wool, in appearance and touch, of any synthetic. Due to special processing the shininess, often associated with synthetics, is avoided. Although it looks and feels like wool it is less likely to fade in bright sunlight and requires less specialist care. As it is a "spun" yarn it will still shed some fibres for a short time but not to the same extent as wool.
Today's carpet fibres are designed to reflect light and have the ability to resist soiling and stains. However, the lack of apparent soiling does not eliminate the necessity of regular cleaning. Regular maintenance extends the life and the appearance of your rug.
Most soil in carpet can be removed with a vacuum cleaner. This should be done before it is worked into the carpet pile by foot traffic.
Ideally your vacuum cleaner should have rotating brushes, a strong airflow to penetrate the backing cloth and a high filtration bag that limits particles from recirculating into the air. Change the bag often to maximise effectiveness.
Occasionally individual threads may emerge from the pile due to foot traffic/vacuuming etc. If this occurs don't pull the threads away from the backing cloth as this may damage your rug, rather cut the longer threads down to pile height with a pair of scissors.
When spills occur, always scoop up or blot immediately. Avoid scrubbing or rubbing the stain. Gently dabbing towards the centre will reduce spreading and ensure the pile is not damaged.
Most commercially available spot cleaners and carpet shampoos are suitable for cleaning the carpet pile but always check the manufacturer's instructions and test first to ensure compatibility. When using home carpet shampoos try to avoid "over soaking" as this can damage your rug.
A full clean every six months by a professional carpet dry cleaner is highly recommended as it will extend the life of you rug.
About Bug Rugs:
BugRugs are meticulously hand crafted using a process known as "hand tufting". In this method, designs are drawn onto a backing material and the tufts of yarn are pushed through with a simple hand tool. When the pile has been "tufted" the backing material is covered with a latex solution and a backing of 100% cotton put on. The rug is then washed, trimmed and the edging added. The finished product is a dense, plush piled floor rug. Part of the unique charm of a hand made product is that each rug will vary slightly.
Bugrugs Kids Floor Rugs:
- Are durable, yet soft, plush and comfortable to play on
- Are high quality in appearance and construction
- Have themes that appeal to children
- Fun, bright colours
- Easy to clean