Baby Bjorn We Black Mesh Baby Carrier
• Pre order now for dispatch on June 7 2016
Baby Carrier We is equipped with a sturdy waist belt and padded, form-fitting shoulder straps to make it comfortable for carrying your growing baby.
- 3 front and back carrying positions
- Perfect for a newborn – inbuilt infant insert
- Ergonomic carrying with waist belt
- Can be used from newborn to 3 years
- Acknowledged as a a hip-healthy baby carrier by International Hip Dysplasia Institute
- From newborn to three years.
- Min. 8 lb/21 in (3.5 kg/53 cm)
- Max. 33 lb/39 in (15 kg/100 cm)
For babies 8-10 lb/3.5-4.5 kg, use the leg straps to tighten the leg openings.
- Main fabric: 100 % polyester
- Waist belt lining: 100% polyester
- Leg position zip protection: 100% cottonr
- If you have a baby carrier in mesh fabric, do not iron it!
A baby carrier in mesh fabric dries very rapidly thanks to its lightweight and airy fabric.
Tested and safe
- Baby Carrier We and Baby Carrier We Air comply with the EN13209-2:2005 safety standard for baby carriers.
The concept that newborn babies need physical contact and enjoy being carried by their parents is a given for most people today. But psychological research only began talking about closeness in the 1950s. It took until 1970 for medical experts to establish how important eye contact and physical closeness between baby and parent is - especially during a baby's first six months.
In the 1960s, Björn Jakobson had founded the BabyBjörn AB company and developed the baby bouncer. He was inspired by this new research on the importance of closeness, and his response was to begin developing a baby carrier in collaboration with paediatricians. A baby carrier would maximize closeness - promoting the bond between parents and their newborn baby - while functioning as a practical everyday aid. The birth of Bjorn's and Lillemor's fourth child gave them plenty of opportunities to test the baby carrier in the peace and quiet of their own home and add the all-important finishing touches.
As the 1990s approached, BabyBjorn developed a new baby carrier design that would be even more simple and comfortable to wear. The launch of the new Baby Carrier Original in 1991 signaled an important step in baby carrier development. Because all the buckles were now on the front of the baby carrier, it was easy to put on and take off without help. The new two-part design was completely unique and made it possible to transfer a sleeping child to the crib without waking them. Baby Carrier Original was intended for use just by newborns, but a smart adjustment buckle allowed the baby carrier to grow with the baby and this extended the amount of time it could be used. Another important innovation was the option of carrying the slightly older baby facing forward.